The Drug- Free Workplace Program helps businesses maintain healthy and productive workforces and receive a 7.5% discount on Workers Compensation Insurance. Drugs Don’t Work also reduces rates for drug screening and Employee Assistance Programs to make establishing your drug-free workplace easy and cost effective. The Drugs-Free Workplace Program is a partnership program of the Georgia Chamber of Commerce, the Georgia Department of Human Resources and the Eatonton-Putnam Chamber of Commerce.
The purpose of the program is to empower business owners with the tools needed to ensure a drug-free workplace as well as a safe and productive work environment for current and future employees.
To obtain drug-free workplace certification and qualify for the 7.5% discount on Workers’ Compensation Insurance you must complete the following steps:
- Your company must have a substance abuse policy.
- You company must conduct drug testing.
- Your company must conduct two hours of employee education each year. (Chamber will provide)
- Your company must conduct two hours of supervisor education each year. (Chamber will provide)
- Your company must either have an EAP (Employee Assistance Program) or a referral list of treatment and counseling centers in your area. (Chamber will provide)